Thursday, June 22, 2006

Just Do It!


Begin to weave and God will give you the thread.

Old German proverb



Obedience and Submission: Two little words that the world hates to hear. Two little words that the Christian must heed. Loosely translated they mean -just step out and do it!

Has God placed a calling on your life? Are you experiencing the sweaty palmed, heart racing effect of being chosen for something? Are you terrified to step out on that path?

Here's some great news. Actually, it's better than news, it is a truth, a truth that has manifested itself in my life. If God has ordained the work, He will give you everything that is needed. He provides it all. Remember though, God is not a puppet master; He won't force a calling on you. He will stand before you, waiting for you to respond as He holds a big gift basket full of all the tools you need to accomplish His purpose. All he asks us to do is to move forward. One little step is all it takes.

I have been called by God to write. I consider myself a conduit for His will and His words. Many people have told me they have "always wanted to write." They tell me of the books that swirl around in their heads, waiting to be written. What is the difference between those people and me? Is it talent? No. Is it time? No. Is it inspiration? No. What it is, pure and simply is obedience and submission. I am obedient to practice the craft God has called me to. I am submitted to follow His direction in my writing and to write, write, write as long as He tells me to do so. I am not more talented, smarter, or more inspired than anyone else. I am simply obedient. Whether you are a writer, a teacher, a leader-whatever the Lord has called you to be, take on Nike's slogan as your own and "just do it!"

Remember though, as you begin to walk down that path, the enemy will be slinging darts from all directions, causing you to doubt and fear. Don't let the world tell you what your limitations are. There are no limitations in God's kingdom, only the limits you place on your faith. Seek His direction, set your feet on His path and watch the amazing things God will do in your life and the lives of others through you! Scripture tells us, "God has given gifts to each of you from His great variety of Spiritual gifts. Manage them well and use them so that God's great generosity can flow from you to others."
*

Posted by Anita Aurit
*1 Peter 4:10 (NLT)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home